PLEASE NOTE: Due to the international health crisis
we have cancelled our Spring term internship.
Madison Ave. Collective is now accepting resumés for our 10-week internship program for Summer term, 2020. College students on a career path in either marketing, graphic design, or web development are encouraged to apply.
Aside from being an overall nice person, the ideal candidate will also:
- Be an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Have a strong work ethic and desire to learn
- Be able to see small details while not losing sight of the big picture
- Be able to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Be able to hit deadlines and arrive at meetings on time
- Be able to receive feedback and direction from others
- Be able to follow all MAC processes and Playground Rules
- Have access to a laptop computer with applicable software
The internship(s) will run for 10 weeks. The number of hours you’ll work on a weekly basis will depend on our project needs and your availability. In the past we have found that approximately 10 hours per week, spread across at least three days per week, is ideal. (For example, 3 hours per day on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.)
All work will be completed on site at MAC world headquarters located at 459 SW Madison Ave. in downtown Corvallis, Oregon.
The internship will be customized, in part, based on your personal interests, skills, and career goals.
Depending on the project(s) you are assigned to, you’ll have an opportunity to work alongside and learn from our senior staff including project managers, designers, website developers, and our creative director.
Tasks may include:
- Assisting with research and report writing
- Analyzing survey results
- Assisting with designing or managing digital marketing campaigns
- Brainstorming and developing creative concepts
- Assisting with designing printed collateral or digital mockups
- Preparing materials for client meetings or workshops
- Assisting with photo shoots
- Other tasks related to your career path
The initial internship opportunity is not paid, but you may be able to earn school credit. (Oregon State students: Contact the Career Development Center for more information.)
Following the completion of the 10-week internship there is the possibility of transitioning to a part-time paid junior staff position. The offer of a paid position is not guaranteed; it will be dependent on our expected workload.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. To apply, email your resumé and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please also include work samples and/or a link to your website portfolio, if you have one.
No phone calls, please, but if you have questions you are welcome to email us. This page will be updated when the position has been filled.
About the MAC
Madison Ave. Collective (our friends call us the MAC) is a branding and UX design firm that works with businesses and nonprofits in Oregon and across the country. We place a high value on collaboration and process, and we always begin new client engagements with an in-depth research and strategy phase called Discovery. It’s the foundation upon which we build long-term client relationships and deliver high quality work with measurable results.
You can take a look at some of work we’ve done here, and learn more about our thinking and processes here.
« Back to all open positions